Sunday, December 21, 2014

Showcase Sunday (#60) + Holiday Reads


Welcome to Showcase Sunday, hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea. The aim of this event is to showcase our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed form the libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week. For more information about how this feature works and to join in, click here.


Bought:


This week I got Silent Night by R.L. Stine. I remember reading this book back when I was in middle school and absolutely loving it! And I was actually going to read this one last December but I couldn't find it anywhere! Fear Street books are so hard to find now a days!! Ugh! But I finally have all 3 Silent Night books, yay! :D

As you can see, I didn't get much this week, which is absolutely okay because this next week there is going to be another huge sale at Book Outlet! SO excited!! (Psst, make sure you check it out!)

Anyway, lately I've been feeling like reading something Holiday-ish, if you know what I mean, and I thought this would be perfect! I'm not really the type of girl who will sit down and watch those Hallmark Christmas movies (although they're on at my house almost 24/7... *sigh*). Instead, I remember last year I watched a horror Christmas movie where Santa Claus went completely dark side and went on a freakin' killing spree! It was actually kind of awesome! Lol. And I'm the same with books. I don't really read cheesy chick-lit type books, HOWEVER, I will read one every now and then when I'm in the mood. But this Holiday season I knew I just HAD to read this Fear Street series!

Last night I finished reading Silent Night and started on Silent Night 2. Up next, Silent Night 3! :D If you guys like horror and are looking for something different to read the Holiday season, these 3 books are a perfect read!

Silent Night Silent Night 2 Silent Night 3 (Fear Street Superchiller, #11)

Well, I'm off to watch some movie where apparently Jack Frost is also a killer and then maybe read some more of Silent Night 2 :) Happy Holidays, everyone! :D


What bookish things did you get this week? Are there any books you like to read during the Holidays, horror or otherwise? I'd love to know! :)

1 comment:

  1. Finding a book that you had been looking for everywhere is always amazing! YAY for that Lili!!

    ReplyDelete