Sunday, September 27, 2015

Sunday Post #83: It's Fall, yay!!



Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week! Let's get started!


Soooo, I got a job :) I signed with a Home Health agency and I am very excited. I actually already started on Saturday (yesterday) and it was a bit overwhelming. They actually sent me about an hour and a half a way to the patient's home which is quite a long way. But I think I'll like it. I'm just excited to finally be working even though I have to wake up at 5 am *sigh*

Not a morning person:

Things I Watched:

I watched (or re-watched) Captain America: The Winter Soldier because it is the best movie ever, and I also watched The Avengers! :D



Also, Fall just started (YAY!) which means ALL the shows are coming back! One of the many reasons why I love Fall! So, this past week, the shows that came on the I normally watch are Castle, Worst Cooks in America, The Middle and Modern Family. And brand new shows that I watched the pilot of: Minority Report and Scream Queens. I really liked Minority Report--it has a very interesting concept and I will definitely be sticking with it. And I actually didn't know it was based on a movie so I'm gonna go watch it :)



Scream Queens... it was weird. Again, I like the concept but even after watching the two episodes that came out back-to-back, I'm still kind of iffy about it. A lot of the characters are super bitchy and I'm not a fan. But the mystery has me intrigued so I will cautiously continue to follow it.



Nail art of the week:

I bought some new nail polishes last week (or maybe the week before??) and one of them was this bronze one I am wearing and I just had to swatch it! The swatch itself didn't last long so I then applied some striping tape and added some black and this is what I came up with:



Tada!



I really love how it turned out! It's so pretty and kind of sophisticated, if I do say so myself ;) haha. So late this week, I bought one more nail polish (in addition to the ones I had already bought) and that one glows in the dark! Eeeep! I've owned glow-in-the-dark polishes in the past, but they were all sucky and didn't really glow. This one is good though, and I am very excited to try it! I'll definitely be using it this week! :D

Online

Posts you may have missed:




It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #69: Ghosts and Mysteries, Oooooooh!
Book Spotlight: Annie's Defiance (Elemental Myths #3) by Nicole Pouchet
Annie's Defiance, A Paranormal Romance Novella (Elemental Myths #3)

Reviews:

The Girl from the Well (The Girl from the Well, #1) The Suffering (The Girl from the Well, #2)

Book Haul

Freebies:

Carpe Demon (Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom, #1) Transformation (The Winters Family Psi Chronicles, #1)

[Click the image to take you to the Amazon page! But check the price first to make sure it's still free!]


Won in giveaway

Spider's Trap | [Jennifer Estep]

I love the Elemental Assassin series and this is actually my very first audiobook ever! I'm so excited! Thanks so much Jennifer! :D


Bought:

Cassidy Jones and the Seventh Attendant (Cassidy Jones Adventures, #3) Cassidy Jones and the Luminous (Cassidy Jones Adventures, #4)

I've had a $10 iTunes GC forever, so I finally decided to use it... for books, obviously ;) Only problem is, I can't read them on my Kindle!!! Grrrr! So frustrating! I'm gonna need to figure out a way to read these (and soon) 'cause I love this series!



Next, I also went to my local used bookstore and found me some R.L. Stine goodies! Yay!


Library books:



From the library I got me the next book in the Funeral Crashing series, which I love! Murder mysteries, yay! And I also actually went to my library (I don't usually go... the books just get sent to me via mail, hehe) and got me some creepy books to get in the Halloween spirit! :D I love this season, okay? haha


For Review:



Thanks to Jessica Therrien for Redemption... I am so excited to read this! :D And thanks to Raye for Curse of the Sphinx... these are both Greek mythology based! Yay! (ANd can you spot that second copy? I'm giving that one away in the Mythology Reading Challenge!)


How was your guy's week? Did you watch any awesome TV shows?? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I can keep up with Scream Queens. The first two episodes was soo bizarre...

    Also Captain America: Winter Soldier is my FAVORITE Marvel movie so far. It's so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree on everything! Scream Queens is WEIRD! I actually stopped following it (mostly because there are better shows on at that same time and my DVR can only record so much, lol), but I'm still a little bit curious.

      Winter Soldier is also my favorite!! I cannot wait for Civil War! I think it will be just as great (but in a different way, probably).

      Delete