Sunday, September 4, 2016

Sunday Post #101: My Supernatural Obsession is Fueled and I LOVE IT!



Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

Not much, just work. Though there has been a bit of drama at work which I'm trying to ignore... I'm very good at that...

don't like conflict

Oh look at that, a Cas gif that acts as the perfect segue. So last week I entered a giveaway held by author Tellulah Darling (her YA Greek mythology book My Ex From Hell is very good, by the way!) and I won, no big deal...



Except IT IS 'cause the prize was a freaking photo SIGNED BY JARED AND JENSEN aka SAM AND DEAN WINCHESTER!!! I've been fangirling so hard the last 24 hours! If you've been around for a bit, you know I am OBSESSED with Supernatural. I just love that show and receiving this in the mail was the best thing EVER! I could just cry! Thank you so much Tellulah!

I also bought some stuff I wanted to share...



The first thing I got were holo shoes! :D You know I love my holo nail polishes, so now I got some holographic shoes! I love them!

The other day I also went to our used book store here in town and I found this freaking amazing soap! First of all, Fall Out Girl??? Excuse while I go fangirl! Fall Out Boy is my most favorite brand ever, so when I saw that the store carried this, I booked it straight there to get it! And it's a plus that I love the berry scent ;) (I also got some other samples, but... Fall Out Girl!!)

What I've been watching:

Ummm, Supernatural still, actually. Hehehe. I'm almost done re-watching season 10 :) I also watched a couple of good movies. The first three I saw on TV:

The DUFF Children of Men VICTOR FRANKENSTEIN

The DUFF is not typically something I would read (it's based on a YA novel afterall). But the reason why I decided to watch the movie was because of Robbie Amell. First of all, I love superhero shows/movies including The Flash and Arrow. Robbie was part of the Firestorm duo from The Flash AND his cousin (in real life!) is freaking Stephen Amell AKA the Green Arrow!

Stephen Amell & his cousin Robbie Amell

So, yeah. That's why I gave this movie a shot. It also sounded funny. And it was! I am surprised by how much I actually enjoyed it! It was very cute and fun and quite inspirational. And I do love me a good friends-turned-into-love-interests trope ;) I don't do contemporary novels, but this movie almost makes me want to read the book. If you've read it let me know what you thought of it!

Next is a movie that was recommended by a couple of guys on my favorite movie podcast, The Weekly Planet. Children of Men is a dystopian movie wherein humanity has suddenly gone infertile and the last baby was born 18 years ago. Then suddenly, this man finds himself protecting a pregnant girl! Dun, dun, DUN! It was really good, quite intriguing, and very action-y. I highly recommend you check it out!

Last, Victor Frankenstein. I watched this one mostly because James McAvoy is in it and he is awesome. And also a superhero :)

Charles Xavier

And hey, the Harry Potter guy is in it, too!

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/319826011014357367/

I'm kidding, I know who he is ;) I loved Daniel Radcliffe and his character! I also really liked James McAvoy's Dr. Frankenstein. He was very eccentric and excitable! He was just a lot of fun to watch. It also had a very good story. Dr. Frankenstein's reasoning for creating his infamous monster... it was crazy and almost made me cry! I also just love these supernatural sort of movies, so go watch it if you haven't.

Next, I went to the movies to watch...

Lights Out (2016)

OH MY GODS THIS IS THE BEST HORROR MOVIE EVER!! Seriously, it is one of the best horror movies I have seen in a long time! I typically watch a lot of crappy, cheesy horror movies on Chiller, so watching a good horror movie was a nice change. HIGHLY recommend is you are a horror fan like me. This will give you chills like no one's business! It's amazing!

The man who you’re not sure is there or not. This scary scene is a clip from a short movie called "Don't turn out the light". It's available here on my freaky tales board
This, I presume, is from the short movie the film was based on.
Still need to watch that...

Nail art of the week:



Just wearing a gorgeous royal purple holo... but you can't really see the holo 'cause I don't know how to take pictures. I'm sorry. I've been wearing the same nail polish for a week... shocker I know. I just took off this polish actually, so as I'm writing this, my nails are naked. But not for long ;)

Lately I haven't been doing a lot of nail art. I'll have to start getting into that again because those nail vinyl aren't going to use themselves ;)

Online

Reviews:

The Soul Thief Cassidy Jones and the Secret Formula (Cassidy Jones, #1) The Girl Who Ignored Ghosts (The Unbelievables #1) Cassidy Jones and Vulcan's Gift (Cassidy Jones Adventures, #2)


Other Posts:



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #79: The Reading Decathlon Challenge!




Reading Decathlon Challenge: Wrap Up




Shutter

Literary Nails: Shutter by Courtney Alameda




Monthly Wrap-Up: August 2016

Book Haul

Freebies:

Masquerade: a romantic comedy by [Rallison, Janette, Hill, CJ] A Longtime (and at one point Illegal) Crush by [Rallison, Janette, Hill, CJ] My Double Life by [Rallison, Janette] All's Fair in Love, War, and High School by [Rallison, Janette, Hill, C.J.]

The Scarlet Thread by [Murphy, D.S.] Ode To The Queen: A New Adult Fantasy Novel (Grace of Gods Book 1) by [Castronaro, Kyleigh] The Glooming (Wrath of the Old Gods Book 1) by [Triptych, John]

Pagan Apocalypse (Wrath of the Old Gods (Young Adult Series) Book 1) by [Triptych, John] The Rising (Supernaturals Book 1) by [Troske, Ryan] Dream Stalker: Talented: Book 1 by [Hopkins, Amy]

Okay look, I know I just mentioned above how I don't read contemporaries and now alot of the freebies I got are contemporary. I just really love Janette Rallison's supernatural books, so I am willing to give these a try. I trust her.

[Click the image to take you to the Amazon page! But check the price first to make sure it's still free!]


Bought:

First up, a Rick Riordan book! It just came out not too long ago, and you know I buy all his stuff ;)


Next, they had a sale at Book Outlet again ;) Here is my 1st batch of books. My last two books should be here sometime next week.


Here's a closer look:


I finally got the rest of the Goddess War series! Yay! And also The Nightmare Charade! My series's (what's the plural? lol) are complete! I love witch-y books, and Seriously Wicked sounds amazing!


Dreams of the Dead is horror/mystery type of book set in Japan! So many things I like! :D Pegasus has another thing I like, mythology! I think this one is Roman mythology, for a change (for me, anyway ;) lol). And then of course, Fear Street. I finally got the complete Fear Street Saga Trilogy. For the longest time I was missing the second book in the series! Lol. And Goonight Kiss I remember I really liked when I read it back in the day. It was my favorite vamp series for a long time (Before Twilight came around!)

But that is not all the Fear Street books I got this week. Oh no, you should take a look at my first batch of books from my first order at Thrift Books. They have super cheap used books! (Here, have a 15% off code ;) )







As you can see, they are all in pretty good shape! I am very excited about getting more books from this site!


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment